Monday, December 12, 2011

Looking for the green light

‎"if your dream ain't bigger than you, then there's a problem with your dream.". Deion Sanders @ HOF speech.


I am not a big fan of Neon Deion but this quote is a great inspiration for running and life. I would follow it up with, "dreams without action is just an IDEA." So whatever our dreams are, lets go get it... get up, do it.

It has been a long time since the last entry and lots happened since Double Trouble in Maine and New Hampshire. I cannot believe the end of 2011 is approaching and 2012 is going to be here before we can blink again. Last year this time, I was in full off-season mode as I scheduled no races until June of 2011. This year however, I am in the thick of thing training for the El Paso Marathon. The training has been a little choppy at times but I feel good at the moment. Legs are strong and I think El Paso is going to be a good fast race.

I must admit that I am a little distracted by what can possibly be beyond El Paso. I am hoping that I might be able to try my hands on my first ultra marathon at the end of March. The race would be in Taiwan and is a 12 hour race put on by Taipei University. I don't know, I think these challenges are keeping the flame going as the progression towards the 50 States is a long one for me. Since I did complete the double, I am not as worried about what might come with the 12 hour race.

Two things must happen if I were to run this race. First, we have to figure out the logistics of moving about in Taiwan. I am hoping that my overseas family will help direct me in planning and getting around. Second, I still have to convince my lovely wife that it's a good idea to add this race to our vacation plan in Asia. She has been a great sport and I hope that she can see that this is something awesome to do! :) As I always say, I would not be on this journey without the support of Aud.

Beyond El Paso and (maybe) the Taipei U Ultra, I hope to run WY mid year and another double year end. Getting 4 done in one year would also be a first. So here is goodbye to 2011 and look forward to doing some great things in 2012!


one race, one mile, and one step at a time,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment