Monday, June 6, 2011

Sleepless before Seattle

Only 19 days to go! Is it time to panic yet? The pre-race jitter has set in… its not unusual but I have put a lot of pressure on myself for this race. I think I’ve said this to myself at least a thousand times (no exaggeration) “ I MUST PR.” Hopefully the amount of training has readied the body as well as given me the mental toughness needed for those last few miles. I think having a few friends running with me is going to be a big (positive) factor as well. ~good luck to Mike & MariAnne C., Tito N., Larry C., David L., and my sister Chris~ Looking forward to hanging out with all of you for a day.

Ran my last V02 today and discussed the results with Ironmen co-worker and Yoda. Things are looking pretty good. Just need to taper off properly and watch my nutrition and amount of sleep over the next 2.5 weeks. Speaking of sleep, or the lack of… I think I am permanently sleep deprived. I sure miss sleeping in on the weekends. Weekend long runs don’t really help but the biggest obstacle for my sleep has obviously been the kids. They seem to always wake up extra early on the weekends (but wants to sleep in on school days).

Big thanks to my lovely wife who has been positively extra supportive through the past 15 weeks. I hope you survive the kids on the 25th. I’ll be home right after the race… (after a shower of course).

One race, one mile, and one step at a time,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment