Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Running to eat…

It is sad to say that my old mantra of “just run and eat whatever I want” is no longer accurate. That young man with the super metabolism is no longer here. And there is a soft area around the belly that seems to have become a permanent fixture on my mid-section. Check out this article I saw today. The top 25 worst junk food you should never eat. There are a couple of real surprises in here. (except for Vitamin water, I knew that stuff was junk)
http://www.health.com/health/gallery/thumbnails/0,,20307363,00.html

I am on a diet.
So sad.
So I haven’t been very good at my diet but I am definitely watching what I eat. For starters, I haven’t had a late night (extra) meal in a very long time. Thanks to my caring wife, my consumption of red meats had been reduced to maybe an average of 3 times a week. I am eating smaller portions.
Ok, but I am staying with the tradition of a post marathon meal of whatever I want. Oh, yeah, pure junk calories. but I figure after hundreds of miles of training, I deserve it. Some of the best in the past have been:
Costco Dog


A bucket of KFC


The Hat’s pastrami fries


I am hungry now…
What's your fav bad meal?

One race, one mile, and one step at a time
Jeff
3/1/11 10M 1:25:58
829/847/919/907/917/816/811/805/815/806

No comments:

Post a Comment