Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekly report + LA Marathon

On the training front, I am feeling great approaching week 5 of Seattle Marathon training. Was able to complete week 4 (42 miles, 15 mile LR) with zero misses and felt very strong on the weekend 15 yesterday.

Tomorrow is going to be a hard day with a 9 mile Lactate Threshold run (8:00-8:30 pace; 81-92% HR). And this weekend's Long Run (LR) is going to be a race pace 16 miler. I am actually looking forward to his one b/c it'll be a nice early test of my fitness level.

I was so inspired watching the LA marathon from my living room last Sunday morning. The local channel did a great job not only with the elite stories (OMG 2:06!) but also with the coverage of the everyday runner. That is the beauty of the marathon and marathon running. We all have our stories and reasons for our participation in this race. Each unique, interesting, and inspiring. I can feel the positive energy from all the participants even though I was not in that crowd in the rain. LA was my first marathon and perhaps I will tackle it again at some point in the future.

One race, one mile, and one step at a time

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment