Monday, March 28, 2011

With all due respect... (+weekly report, week 5)

Here I was feeling good about myself early last week... Having run a few fast 8/9 milers and a successful 15 miler in week 4, I felt that little extra bounce in my step, a little swagger in my arm swing, a little bloated in the head.

Then the gods of the marathon smacked this mere mortal on the side of the head and said, "show some damn respect."

I got smacked by, beaten up, and reminded of seriousness the distance yesterday. I barely completed the 16 miler in the miserable rain but it was a timely wake-up call to not slack off. 13 miles on pace but the last three were completely shameful. I lost it mentally. but I do not intend to see it happen again.

5th week of the 18 week cycle now complete. Racked up a total of 45 miles in week 5. THIS week is a recovery week and we wind down to only 37 miles before kicking it up to 50 MILES(!!!) in week 7.

Damn, its already end of March. June will be here in no time...

One race, one mile, and one step at a time,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment