Monday, January 31, 2011

Herd Mentality



I had a great run today at lunch with two co-workers. For some reason, it seemed so much easier than when I’d run by myself. What part of our programming says run with peers = run faster, easier? I am a running loner. For the most part, I like the time alone to just reflect, think, and find that happy place inside my mind. But today I took off the headphones and chatted a bit with Travis and Greg on a pretty brisk 6 miler. It felt relatively easy and I was a little surprised to see the time of 7:46 at mile one. I think I pushed them a little and to their credit, they hung on for the first three. I took it down a notch between 4-5 before pushing again at mile 6. I can clearly see that group running has its benefits especially if you have a competitive bunch.

I miss running with Yoda. I had my best runs with him running at my heel. Is there anyone out there up to the challenge of pushing this pedestrian runner?

One race, one mile, and one step at a time,
Jeff
1/31/11
6M - Group run (notch down back ½)
746/745/741/857/829/803
http://connect.garmin.com/player/66096297

No comments:

Post a Comment