Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I am back...

It has been a long, long layoff since my last blog entry (yahoo 360 May 24th 2008). In that entry, I had just completed the Coeur d'Alene marathon for my 11th State with a 4:08 finish (PR at that time). So what's happened since? Well, four more marathons/states came off the map... Omaha NE, New Orleans, LA (new PR 3:58), Stillwater, MN, and Tulsa, OK. That brings the new state count to 15! Still a long ways to go but we are certainly making progress.

Goals for 2011? well, suddenly high on the list is to revive the blogging! I miss communicating with sentences... something Facebook just can't provide. As for race planning, a slight deviation from the previous few year. Instead of planning for 3 races into early, mid, and late calendar year, I've decided to give myself the first 6 months of the year for the first race of the year. The Seattle Marathon on June 25, 2011!
Last year, after the PR run in New Orleans, I just felt mentally exhausted... with 4 months between each of the following race, I had little left in the tank... resulting in fairly poor performances.
This year, I will push for a new PR in June and then pull back for two late year races where I will try to actually enjoy the run.

Also very exciting is commitments (actually registration!) by Larry C, Mike & MariAnne C, and Tito N to join me in Seattle. More incentive to train hard and put on a good performance.


One race, one mile, and one step at a time...

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment